BREAKING NEWS! GAME DEVELOPER SHOOTS HIMSELF
(28 votes, average 4.39 out of 5)
Written by DOC
Thursday, 29 November 2012 17:22

DOCWell not quite, but I tell you it is tempting. Today while making preparations to go back into the next (no.87) campaign (we have been debugging a serious scripting server issue for 2 days now) we found something that might have brought the whole service down if we had gone ahead and let the automated part of the process run. It's not a big part of the process but if it breaks, it will bring everything down with it.

So we are working on this issue now. Tonight. We can't start the campaign as planned. We know you will be bummed about this, I have to tell you ... after the week we just had, shooting myself would be almost a sweet relief.

We think we can get this squared away for a campaign start tomorrow. That means Friday the 30th of November.

However, I finally got it through my thick head, what the universe has been telling me. No predictions, we'd like to start the campaign Friday, but I am not going to announce that we are.

Probably never announce anything ever again. :/

Your name:
Your email:
Comment (you may use HTML tags here):
  The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces.
Word verification:
Comments (10)
1 Thursday, 29 November 2012 21:03
Fxmkorp
LoL, Well at least Intermission was a blast today I killed many so I'm Happy.
2 Thursday, 29 November 2012 23:07
kk9
Hopefully no later than saturday morning cuz i got a friend that just started and im going there to wifi with him and try to get him to drop his xbox or swtor fee and sub :)
3 Friday, 30 November 2012 00:32
Hyoslvr
Good Luck maybe it will work out. Here's hoping. :)
4 Friday, 30 November 2012 02:07
Smythes
No matter - managing to get some fun infantry fighting and flying in during the intermission :)
5 Friday, 30 November 2012 04:37
fiambre
Dont Give up DOC! :) Give us 80 more campaigns!
6 Friday, 30 November 2012 06:25
Aetor
Mate.

Dont bum yaself out. Its all good. Gives me a chance to keep flying LW and getting heaps of kills in their leet machines :)
7 Friday, 30 November 2012 07:10
tomppeli
good if you found something what can fix... so fix it and im happy =)

GJ!
8 Friday, 30 November 2012 07:39
martigan
Glad you spotted it before the campaign went live worth the wait to make sure it's right
9 Friday, 30 November 2012 12:16
ChiefTom
Don't beat yourself up Doc, thats our job.
Administrator's reply:
Friday, 30 November 2012 13:49
DOC
absolutely
10 Sunday, 02 December 2012 05:47
jammyman
Sorry Doc, but all you rounds have been replaced with BLANKS while you were busy working youe Azz Off :D
Administrator's reply: