WWIIOL:BE - The Next Generation of Player
(3 votes, average 5.00 out of 5)
Written by MOTORMOUTH
Friday, 15 May 2009 10:12

When a game sticks around as long as Battleground Europe has, the player base inevitably goes through transformations. The typical year 1 player, I dare say, is a hard-core war or flight sim guy, grizzled, ornery, possibly a chain smoker, dressed in a wrinkled well worn Aces High or Air Warrior T-shirt (why, yes, my office IS directly across from DOC's, how did you guess?).  His command center boasts a huge CRT monitor, wired keyboard and mouse, and his joystick handle is worn smooth from hours of chasing the enemy across the virtual blue skies of Europe. But times have changed. The next generation of BE player is upon us and she wears a pink tiara...

Lockdown, day 1 player:

"I had been playing this game when it came out for 6 months before my first daughter was born. Since her birth she has seen me play this game many times and finally starting playing the offline mode about 2 years ago.

Well, on May 6th of this year she decided to play her first game "on-line". I guided her through the map screen but once she spawned in she was on her own. Twenty minutes later she had tracked down and killed 2 massive noobs who were epically PWN'd!! My, now 8 year old daughter, racked up 2 kills ON HER FIRST TWO SHOTS!!! And got to 90% of capturing a spawnable! Now I need your help in letting these two victims know they fell to the hands of a little girl on her very first mission in game.

They are two german soldiers known as.....

Pvt. Kamir

&

Lt. Col. Wrath04

Also want to let IronLehr know he is a baby killer!!!

Hehehe...."

I personally don't know whether to point and laugh or check my stats...

Thanks for the story, Lockdown!

Your name:
Your email:
Comment (you may use HTML tags here):
  The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces.
Word verification:
Comments (28)
1 Friday, 15 May 2009 10:37
Guestuser
That is massive! Congratulations, that was a lot better then I ever did! Flippin Allied planes, is that not proof? :) Seriously, awesome job and in some weird way you must be incredibly proud! I bet my kids will be playing too one day.
2 Friday, 15 May 2009 11:01
Guestuser
Congrats, Nice kills! :) Im also sure she's gonna b soon a Spitfire Ace...8 Years is the required age to b a flyin ace on allied(easy mode)Air Force side ! ^^ J/K of course..;
3 Friday, 15 May 2009 12:53
Poor girl :)
4 Friday, 15 May 2009 13:26
Guestuser
This one made my day. Exactly the kind of article we need from time to time.
5 Friday, 15 May 2009 14:02
Guestuser
Hahahaha excellent article, thanks a lot :) I hope very much that WWIIOL is still around with a huge fan base when my kids will be able to play it! Thanks Motor!
6 Friday, 15 May 2009 15:36
Guestuser
NICE! Age is only a number...when it comes to games. kudos to this girl!
7 Friday, 15 May 2009 18:55
Good job, Princess
8 Friday, 15 May 2009 19:43
Guestuser
That was so cool. I've been on-line for over a year and still don't have 2 kills.:) Congrats little one.
9 Friday, 15 May 2009 19:56
haha that's great.
10 Friday, 15 May 2009 20:31
Excelent job!!! Hey,23rd is recruiting..:P

S!
11 Saturday, 16 May 2009 08:17
Guestuser
Great, now I have to worry about being pawned by little girls!
12 Saturday, 16 May 2009 10:16
Guestuser
Every time an ANZAC player becomes the proud parent of a new child, we congratulate them on expanding the Allied playerbase. Quite a few photos of kids playing actually, some quite well, like our Tomba :D
13 Saturday, 16 May 2009 19:08
Simply Stupendous!

14 Saturday, 16 May 2009 20:29
Guestuser
Hummmm .... I'm always looking for a gunner on my Destroyer. :) Until we see a Submarine....
15 Saturday, 16 May 2009 21:35
Guestuser
WOW.....this just makes me realize how long I've been playing this game...... Conrats on her first mission! I'm just glad I didn't end up being one of her victims!! ;)
16 Sunday, 17 May 2009 06:20
Guestuser
This is just too funny. I've posted a link on our squad forums so Ironlehr can find out he is now infamous
17 Sunday, 17 May 2009 18:10
Guestuser
The deaths of my fellow soldier's couldn't go unpunished. Great job!
-Formerly known as Iron77
18 Sunday, 17 May 2009 18:11
Guestuser
The ironic thing is I began when my daughter was born and she is now 8 years old and has that exact same pink tiara. I hope your daughter isn't scared of the battlefied now. She can always join the Panzer Lehr.
19 Monday, 18 May 2009 00:30
Guestuser
Has she submitted her OCS application yet?
20 Monday, 18 May 2009 11:56
Guestuser
Great article.. Nice little princess pic! My 3 years old kid killed a AA 25mm with a PZ, He drive it for 10 mins saw the AA and I just change positions from driver to gun spot and he did the rest XD!!
21 Tuesday, 19 May 2009 04:18
Congrats madame :-)

Hope you keep getting kills and reach the 100% on the next capture! :-)

S!
22 Tuesday, 19 May 2009 06:29
Guestuser
That crt in the background looks older then the girl! lol but grats on the kills maybe we can add some mini planes for the younger members :)whatever next! pink skins for the planes (Runs off to reskin a spit and add bunny ears to the frame)
23 Tuesday, 19 May 2009 08:57
Best AAR evah!!
24 Wednesday, 20 May 2009 05:19
Guestuser
Excellent job and great report. My son is 3 years old. He loves flying planes on the offline server. Now at 3 he can fly any plane on his own and also loves spawning in bofors on the live server. Look daddy, red circles.
25 Sunday, 24 May 2009 11:31
Way to go young lady S!
26 Wednesday, 27 May 2009 17:56
Guestuser
Well, that explains the allied K/D ratio this campaign.
27 Wednesday, 27 May 2009 19:14
Guestuser
Haha woo! nice job! get those damn germans!
28 Saturday, 30 May 2009 10:44
Guestuser
im impressed keep up the good work, hope to meet you ingame sometime, btw when do you plan to be in HC (please dont take my position) anyway good work couldnt have done better myself.