Through previous attempts to hint at the importance of RA, I think we may not have done our best in identifying how RA has already benefited WWII Online. So, this post is going to focus on what the mission behind Rapid Assault is, and our mindset moving forward.
Who is Playnet, Inc. / CRS
Playnet, Inc. / CRS is an independent small company that has developed WWII Online: Battleground Europe. We have completed many content updates / releases. We do not have a parent company with oodles of financial resources and support.
What is WWII Online
WWII Online has been the only game Cornered Rat Software has developed in 11+ years of its existence, remaining dedicated to the core to see it be not only creatively successful, but financially.
What is Rapid Assault
Rapid Assault is a modern, better coded framework to build a new vehicle for the financial future of Playnet, Inc., therefore incorporating WWII Online's future as both of these projects fall under the developing company of Playnet, Inc.
How RA has benefited WWII Online to date
- All American Units
- All RPATS
- All Semi-Auto's
- All Infantry Skins
- Future Dev (WIP) projects not yet complete
How can RA assist WWII Online's Future
- Framework for future investment opportunities
- Porting of new technology to WWII Online
- Terrain II expansion possibilities (Already seen in RA)
- RA's income supports Playnet, Inc. enabling further operational cash-flow
RA will NOT hurt WWII Online
We've seen some folks say that RA will take away customers from WWII Online. Again, a perception that isn't accurate. We're talking about two very different demographics. If anything people who play WWII Online might enjoy a nice break from WWII Online, but surely WWII Online continues to deliver something unique for them, not found anywhere else.
- It is NOT completed in its current state
- We currently have an investor group interested in its technology
- We WILL update its graphics dramatically
- RA is our means of providing support assets to WWII Online
Recent RA Sessions have been...
- Designed to increase awareness of RA's technology
- Show-casing events for the investment group
- Considered an eye opening for many existing WWII Online customers
- An exciting realization of the future of all we may be able to do
WWII Online 2.0
- We have no immediate intent to conduct a Kickstarter for this (Looking at $6million USD minimum)
- Rapid Assault [working title] technology is our best opportunity at modernizing WWII Online for a 2.0 release in the future
- Is something that we absolutely WANT to do
Why-not invest in WWII Online as it is now?
- Potential investors are not immediately impressed with WWII Online's potential to create the financial success they want to achieve
- Some tech dates back to 1999-2001 era (ancient)
- Version 1.35 is in BETA stage
- We've seen some great updates into it creating a more stable gaming environment
- We cannot immediately release it, it's a WIP (Work in Progress)
- We intend to release it at its earliest availability
- We need your continued support and patience as we work it out
- Use RA's technology as a sell-able vehicle to something new
- Generate funds and supportive assets to keep Playnet, Inc. active and well supported
- Release v1.35 at soonest opportunity
- Stay focused on WWII Online's future possibilities indefinitely
I close, with thanking you for your support. We're all aware of how frustrating it may be to stay patient for v1.35's release.
We're all ONE Community, ranging all the way from the CEO of Playnet, Inc. to the new guy who just joined the game this week. We're all dedicated to the mission of preserving this awesome game. Together we can get this done but we've gotta start recognizing the reality of where we're at.
The best way you can support us, is to maintain an active subscription. All monetary assets derived from WWII Online will go to the support of WWII Online. All RA investment is separate, and always has been fyi (previous work on RA has been outside investments, never from WWII Online).
Recruiting just 1 person (converting to sub) will do wonders for us. We fall to you as the community as our voice of support and reason to other existing or new community members.
I expect questions to follow this post, and I will do my best to answer them. Please structure them with reason and clarity.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION & SUPPORT. S!