FIRST EVER AMERICA VS GERMANY MINI-CAMPAIGN!
(109 votes, average 4.46 out of 5)
Written by MOTORMOUTH
Wednesday, 02 November 2011 14:46

Cornered Rat Software would like you to join us in the first ever USA VS GERMANY mini-campaign! This specially designed campaign is scheduled to begin a few days after the upcoming release of version 1.34 and will see the live server ablaze with the new semi-automatic rifles, automatic rifles and RPATs in a heart-pounding, iconic clash between two mighty armies. You won't be fighting the enemy alone, soldiers! CRS will be welcoming back thousands of past players to stand shoulder to shoulder with their brothers in arms.

To launch the V1.34 update to WWIIOL:Battleground Europe, which introduces American forces to the campaign server, we are pleased to announce that we are hosting a new version of the immensely popular "Beach Head Breakout" mini-campaign event. Not only will some of the rules and objectives be altered for even more exciting game play, there will also be new personas and weapons.This special mini-campaign will be held over a period of 7 to 10 days and will be managed live by staff. That means things like supply can and will change dynamically during the event. It's different, it's unpredictable and it's damned fun!

WATCH THIS PAGE FOR THE EVENT START DATE

Invasion!

American forces have caught the German army off guard and have successfully transported battle ready ground troops and equipment across the English channel. Desperate to keep possession of Western Europe, German commanders have put out the call for reinforcements to combat the American invaders and push them back onto the sea.

The set up

A landing beach-head will be established for the Americans, but it's going to be a thin one. Their coastline town depot links will mimic the beach head and some FRU's will be scattered in between. There will be support in the form of air power and boats offshore for the first few hours, but by the next day the boats will largely not factor in battles much unless the Americans never get off the beach. Air power will gradually be balanced out as the event progresses as well. Armor will become available in limited supply only if the invaders can fight through and capture the army base in any of the coastal towns.

The German defenders will find themselves low on armor at launch until they move their brigades up from the rear divisions. They will have to act quickly! It will be up to their infantry to hold until armor support can reach the beach head. The Germans will maintain armor superiority for a window of time, as the days of the event roll by this advantage will diminish until the combatants are on even footing. That's when both sides will have to play smart and play hard to find their opponents weakness'.

Achieving Objectives

Supply and reinforcement of both the German and the American forces will hinge around objectives set for each side, as they achieve these their fortunes will change. At first the Americans will have some difficulty, but if they reach their initial objectives they will find the burden ease up to some degree. If the Germans hold strong and the American advance is blocked, the challenge for the invading forces increase dramatically. There will be manually managed supply and movement changes based on each side achieving specific daily objectives. These will be communicated to the players on the website, Facebook page and Twitter feed. When a side achieves an objective, changes in supply and equipment lists will reflect that achievement. What does that mean? Don't get too comfortable, things can and will change in unexpected ways!

Victory!

This isn't your typical campaign, so it won't have your typical victory conditions. Instead, once it's run its course, game management staff will go over all the events and data and make a call. In the end, it comes down to whoever kicks the most ass. So strap your heaviest boots on and get into the fight!

Got Questions or Thoughts?

Post your questions, comments or feedback below. We want to know if and how we might be able to make this event even more fun.

Your name:
Your email:
Comment (you may use HTML tags here):
  The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces.
Word verification:
Comments (88)
1 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 15:03
Bluekill
*passes out*
2 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 15:30
bailey
lol i rock
3 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 16:13
Fxmkorp
Normal campaign US should only enter:
When allies have almost lost > Last tier > When allies almost Won

They should only get supply from 42h to 42h (balances & improves gameplay)

Players should be mailed when US is available
4 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 16:16
FaustPT
My feedback increase characters up to 350 on website to give Feedback and Questions :D
5 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 16:35
cletusohio
so excited!! the last weapon in the images...wow going to be epic
6 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 16:48
Lachmann
What's with the Nerf Gun ?????????????????
Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:49
MOTORMOUTH
That's a mash-up image from Volcol, but I thought is was teh funny so included it.
7 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 18:28
jphartt
Nice!1
8 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 18:45
bogol
And finally the longest day begins. Quite excited to see how this mini-campaig will pan out. I hope it will bring back as many players as possible, and that they will stay.
9 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 22:12
slpr
lovely
10 Wednesday, 02 November 2011 23:57
Ezrelay
So its safe to say these weapons will be in the campaign, following the mini event? Just want it to be clear for returning players.
Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:46
MOTORMOUTH
Americans are going to be in mini-campaigns until we fill out their equipment list,work which is already underway.Then we have to figure out HOW they enter the campaign.We've got some ideas,but need more.Email motormouth@playnet.com with yours!
11 Thursday, 03 November 2011 00:55
Shad0w64
So does this mean Americans and Semi-Auto Rifles will be introduced to the live campaign as well and not just on a separate server?

This could totally change playing infantry in a hugely positive way.
12 Thursday, 03 November 2011 02:10
rubez
Allied nerfgun FTW
13 Thursday, 03 November 2011 04:04
Suggs
This sounds AWESOME! GJ rats!

By the way, the picture of the allied NERF gun also has a SMG in it,it looks quite odd xD
14 Thursday, 03 November 2011 05:07
saintJ
Sounds fun. Can we see the map please ?
15 Thursday, 03 November 2011 06:47
CdrWolfe
Cool, can't wait.

Also I want the last weapon in the picture picks ;)
16 Thursday, 03 November 2011 06:49
Herodawg
I see the PIAT above, does that mean Brit's available in spawn list too?
17 Thursday, 03 November 2011 07:43
blacksmith
I would like the Allied NERF Gun plz. =)
18 Thursday, 03 November 2011 09:09
Venomash
yes!! this is gonna be sick, former lkw/ghc player comin back for this for sure S~ see ya'll there
19 Thursday, 03 November 2011 10:39
xspiers
This looks good cant waait, But. I am still worried about the COD style gaming with the huge lag. I shoot him he shoots me this will scare off the old players automatically when they rejoin :(
20 Thursday, 03 November 2011 11:02
Folkgren
Hi,

How is the "HC" level going to be done?

If its done as in the campaign ; Are AHC restricted to being US? and OKW Axis?
: If im AHC can I be OKW in the mini-campaign and vice a versa?

Yours,
Folkgren
21 Thursday, 03 November 2011 11:51
Maxios
Looks great rats :)!

I would though like a clean picture of the PIAT please.
Thursday, 03 November 2011 13:06
MOTORMOUTH
PIATs won't be in this event (Only the American and German units).
22 Thursday, 03 November 2011 15:04
RabidX
so the Gewher is special event only as well? I am not sure if that was clarified, I knew it was making it into the patch but not sure what is in campaign game and whats for special events only. Bazookas/Gewher/Shriek I asume are special event only
23 Thursday, 03 November 2011 17:11
Raptor
Oh yes, yes, yes! This is going to rejuvenate WWII Online for me and many others I'll bet...way to go Ratlings!
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:14
MOTORMOUTH
Thanks! Be sure to tell your friends!
24 Thursday, 03 November 2011 20:21
jocanuck
Are there any AT guns?
25 Thursday, 03 November 2011 20:30
jonyrott
wow, i haven't played this in six years. will i receive an email when the mini campaign begins? hope so
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:13
MOTORMOUTH
We will post a starting date for the mini-campaign here on our website, on our Facebook page and our Twitter feed.
26 Thursday, 03 November 2011 20:47
Ryan Garner
Will it be free for ex-players?
Friday, 04 November 2011 08:28
RAFTER
Check you email and the site for a special announcement
27 Thursday, 03 November 2011 20:51
jonyrott
also, what software am i required to download to take part in this special weeklong campaign? i'd like to get it soon as possible, not when every player is trying to D/L it at once. as an old player from years ago, i'm feeling kinda in the dark
Friday, 04 November 2011 08:27
RAFTER
Watch the site for the 1.34 announcement. Youll need to download that to play the event.
28 Thursday, 03 November 2011 21:30
bandit4
This will very likely give a kick start to this game and create a whole lotta excitement like we haven't seen in years. Congrats.
29 Thursday, 03 November 2011 22:00
Calle
Pix w/ box or so much bs.
30 Thursday, 03 November 2011 23:35
Josh
I must say you guys are doing one hell of a job making this game better and better, keep up the great work! I am an Afghanistan combat vet 2008-2009 and this is one of the most realistic war sims I have had the pleasure to play.
31 Friday, 04 November 2011 12:28
Viking
Great job RATS... This will be very intresting.. And one thing i realy wonder : Is what is the new PPOs, the sapper(eneeginer) now as he cant "sap" ETs any more, only FBS..
32 Friday, 04 November 2011 12:35
Bamagrad99
Well its about time! They should have done this years ago. I played off and on since launch but it always seemed like "bizarro" WW2 without US forces. Time to re-download and re-sub.

S!
33 Friday, 04 November 2011 14:15
Robinno
Are you nearing completion of the 1.34 patch? Do you have a more specific time of when you are going to release the patch?
34 Friday, 04 November 2011 18:34
winsok
Love the game and would sub up if it wasn't 20$/mo
35 Friday, 04 November 2011 19:19
Demsco
Why would I want to aggravate myself with this again? I left because I hated being camped by a million tanks and airplanes. If that is fixed maybe, but if not my therapist is telling me not to bother.
36 Friday, 04 November 2011 19:41
soldier557
wherez the granade booby-traps?i wanna set booby-traps
37 Friday, 04 November 2011 20:40
tbone252
Hmmm ... it has been a while ... maybe tbone needs to make his return?
38 Friday, 04 November 2011 22:49
zep311
Instead of "we'll make a call on the winner," I would highly recommend posting a couple CLEARLY DEFINED victory conditions.
39 Saturday, 05 November 2011 01:55
mudd
YES! good job CRS! can't wait.
40 Saturday, 05 November 2011 04:51
Vonhead
Do we have SPAA yet?
41 Saturday, 05 November 2011 07:45
clallen
omg been waiting forever ....
42 Saturday, 05 November 2011 09:01
angrymarv
cool, You should have done this 3-4 years ago when I suggested it to you Rats.

Anyway, Good Job Rats.
Cya on the Battlefield.
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:11
MOTORMOUTH
We're happy we have been able to do it for you guys. Can't wait to get the Americans into the campaign game at some point. The iconic battles between the US and Germany that we could have!
43 Saturday, 05 November 2011 09:20
Duke2
Will the Americans have the B-17 Bomber, or Lancaster?
44 Saturday, 05 November 2011 09:31
Hrica1
I hope my old squad, BKB is still up and running, haven't been in the game in a year or two.
45 Saturday, 05 November 2011 10:40
Phenom
again NO Luft Lovin..........this is why we alpha test
46 Saturday, 05 November 2011 11:43
barnesusmc
Holy mother of God. I'm going to cry.
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:10
MOTORMOUTH
Don't cry! Rejoice and join us for some kick ass fun!
47 Saturday, 05 November 2011 12:10
tribal
hahahaha =)
Get ready Germans !! yu r going to cry !!
48 Saturday, 05 November 2011 12:22
kameran10233
I would like to play this online game because takes place and tells a story about the real thing and to play as a team.
49 Saturday, 05 November 2011 12:46
JPanzerj
"WWII Online" watermark as opposed to "Battleground Europe?"
50 Saturday, 05 November 2011 15:55
Krunchis
"CRS will be welcoming back thousands of past players to stand shoulder to shoulder with their brothers in arms."

"thousands of past players"

"thousands"

"THOUSANDS"

Wat lol
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:09
MOTORMOUTH
50,000+ invitations were mailed out over the weekend to past players. :-)
51 Saturday, 05 November 2011 16:14
madmarv
looking forward to try this.
I thought i'd be in a grave before this happened!
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:08
MOTORMOUTH
We hope that you have many more years of playing with us!
52 Saturday, 05 November 2011 17:14
liam
Hey, coming back for this campaign, been playing other mmo's don't know if i'll stay, but what is all this with my 'trial bonus' is this basically unlimited play from now on? is it just for this campaign? i'm a bit confused
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:07
MOTORMOUTH
The "Trial Bonus" is only available on new accounts. Once a new 14 day trial is over, the free play option is offered. It is limited to a couple of infantry classes.
53 Sunday, 06 November 2011 10:20
Bongo12
Did anyone else see the last screenshot and think "the hell is that?" .. "must be uber" only to discover it's all the weapons stuffed in one? Funny :)
54 Sunday, 06 November 2011 14:23
klesh
Oh snap! Welcome Back Soldat! I finally have a rig that could possibly handle this game at more than 10fps!!! I'm really impressed with the things I have seen lately, ragdoll, blood, weather etc. I am definitely looking forward to playing again!
55 Sunday, 06 November 2011 15:41
Paden
Think I have come back at least once a year to check out changes, this is a month earlier then usual but sounds like fun.
56 Sunday, 06 November 2011 16:22
Danlo
Sounds like fun!

Would downloading the current client(1.33.4) help speed along my ability to get 1.34? Or will 1.34 require a new install? I ask because the internet where I am is slow for downloading so any head start I can get is worth taking.
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:05
MOTORMOUTH
1.34 will require a full installer. It will be made available before the server comes back up. Check here or on our Facebook page or Twitter feeds for the announcement.
57 Sunday, 06 November 2011 23:18
jamm40
just signed up for this thinger :D
58 Monday, 07 November 2011 00:59
Dredphyre
So I re-downloaded and re-installed. Haven't been following the game that much, but it looks like this could be fun. Question: With the introduction of these anti-tank weapons, are sappers loosing their super-human ability to sap tanks?
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:04
MOTORMOUTH
The sapper is being redesigned as more of an engineer. You can read about the changes here (infantry load outs):
59 Monday, 07 November 2011 11:51
Ezrelay
Its Monday and i'm get'in stoked up for the event!
60 Monday, 07 November 2011 12:38
Rick1945
I tried signing up and reserving my spot, just got the email today, but the link was broken? Anyway I hope to see and play this SOON!
61 Monday, 07 November 2011 12:46
bert
will you be able to play this on a trial acc?
Monday, 07 November 2011 16:02
Yes, absolutely!
62 Monday, 07 November 2011 15:31
vondiddy
i refuse to play unless i get the super weapon on the far right!
Tuesday, 08 November 2011 09:28
MOTORMOUTH
For you, Vondiddy, I will do that. ;-)
63 Monday, 07 November 2011 17:49
Velvis
As a long time player(2001) who is currently sitting on the sidelines I would like a welcome back soldier invite. I have never received on and want to try the new aspects of the game. I would appreciate it thank you.
Tuesday, 08 November 2011 09:27
MOTORMOUTH
I'm not sure why you didn't receive the invitation, Velvis. Possibly the email address on file was out of date. I've manually activated it for you. You will be able to join the BeachHead Breakout event when it begins in a couple of day. S!
64 Tuesday, 08 November 2011 09:33
Jokeri
The beachhead free test activation says "Sorry, you aren't eligible for this Welcome Back Soldier promotion." :´( I tried to get registration done trough the email.
Tuesday, 08 November 2011 16:57
MOTORMOUTH
I set you up, Jokeri. You can log in when the event starts in a couple of days. S!
65 Tuesday, 08 November 2011 15:50
Bankshot
Lovin the "Swiss Army Vorpal Weapon". LOL I'll take a case!
66 Tuesday, 08 November 2011 18:15
star
I sure hope this game is better than it was a few years ago?
If you didn't have a top of the line machine you could barely play.
67 Tuesday, 08 November 2011 19:04
demmo
HE HA i am comming back OH YA!!!!
68 Wednesday, 09 November 2011 02:42
landa
S!
69 Wednesday, 09 November 2011 14:05
Andy42
4 years I'm living on modem connection -> impossible to play regularly. But now I will play this event and stay for some months if the work does not decide otherwise :(
Anyway Good luck and S! to all
70 Wednesday, 09 November 2011 18:28
Winttrix
I'm probably going to come back for this
71 Thursday, 10 November 2011 06:20
chopup
I voiced this game over all of Australia's newspapers and i'll tell anyone this is the best GAME IN THE WORLD HANDS DOWN SUCK MY BALLS OTHER GAMES GO BATTLEGROUNDEUROPE LOL
72 Thursday, 10 November 2011 07:24
JazzGuru
Hi, would love to come back for this event but I can't see where to sign up! MotorMouth can you help?

Thanks...
Thursday, 10 November 2011 09:52
MOTORMOUTH
I got ya, Jazzguru. You'll be able to log in when the mini-campaign starts. It's likely you didn't get the invite if your email changed recently. S!
73 Thursday, 10 November 2011 11:06
Ctdan
Looking forward to this. I have been off the battlefield for a year now due to work. MM any idea on a start date? I might just have to resub now to get a feel for the game again.
74 Thursday, 10 November 2011 16:22
Malvoc69
Hmm I will give it a try I dont think my pc can handle the game though ever since a couple years ago my rig cant handle ragdoll smoke ect..
75 Friday, 11 November 2011 22:11
Ev3rlastin
Mine says "Sorry, you aren't eligible for this Welcome Back Soldier promotion."

As well?
76 Saturday, 12 November 2011 00:57
TK895
Myself and 4 other members of our squad are coming back to play in this event. I hope my PC will perform well enough to continue afterwards.

See you in game.
77 Saturday, 12 November 2011 08:43
m.hafiz hakimi bin suod
we will fight to the death
78 Saturday, 12 November 2011 11:28
Liluh
Yo! Signed up. See ya there.
79 Sunday, 13 November 2011 16:13
BigEd88
now if only I could get my damn nvidia optimus working (not just for WWII Online but any game, POS design.
80 Sunday, 13 November 2011 21:45
Jeff
Still says "coming soon. Check back for release date." Getting tired of waiting for announcement. Won't keep checking back if it continues to have no visible progress.
81 Wednesday, 16 November 2011 08:29
Jerry W. Rawle
Hi! Sixkiler here. Have been gone from the game for sometime. My son, "Daver" says my computer is too slow to join in the fun. I would like to wish my old friends well in this mini campaign. I miss the old guard and their banter.

Six
Monday, 21 November 2011 10:21
MOTORMOUTH
Thanks, Sixkiler! Wish you could join us. Time to boot Daver off his PC for a few hours, eh?
82 Thursday, 17 November 2011 21:00
d0c7
Why on earth would you only do 1 day welcome program ? some peopel work on friday / friday nights ect . You should do a welcome back program all week with the holidays .. that will give more time for peopel that take off for the holidays ..
Monday, 21 November 2011 10:20
MOTORMOUTH
The event will be running for a minimum of 10 days, you'll have lots of time to join us!
83 Friday, 18 November 2011 12:55
ltibbs
LOL forgot to post - I am HOPING i can get on - time change and computer problems since I moved to Germany.
Hope to see a bunch of old mates :)

tibbsie
84 Friday, 18 November 2011 15:12
lime67
do we need to sign up for the event? or do we just log in and play right off the bat when it starts?
85 Saturday, 19 November 2011 13:46
gibill
I hope I can remember how to play as it's been a very long time. Is the 101st still around?
86 Thursday, 24 November 2011 00:07
romeo503
gibill! I'm wondering the same. S! 101st
87 Saturday, 26 November 2011 09:50
Hart1992
If the Game gets another big update fixing quite a few bugs I might buy a subscription again... after posting up my MIA on the forums to the Game.

And if the dollar to the Rand weakens as well.
88 Sunday, 04 December 2011 11:46